Tuesday, November 22, 2005

101 Things you may or may not have known about me


  1. I am 37 years old

  2. I was born in July

  3. I am a single mother of 3 wonderful children

  4. I am twice divorced

  5. I have not given up on the idea of love, romance, and marriage

  6. I have been mostly single, (not in a serious relationship) for almost two years now.

  7. I don’t count the time last year my ex-husband and I thought we could ‘make it work’

  8. I was the first one to realize we couldn’t.

  9. I left my ex-husband and filed for divorce because I knew he would never do it

  10. I did not leave him for another man, no matter what he chooses to believe

  11. I was 18 when I lost my virginity

  12. I lost it to my sister’s ex gymnastics coach

  13. He was 24 at the time

  14. I went back to St. Louis from Hannibal, specifically for that reason

  15. I never regretted it

  16. I still have warm fond memories of that afternoon

  17. I was celibate for over a year after losing my virginity

  18. I have dated and been engaged to 3 men named Chris in my life.

  19. I married two of them

  20. I divorced them both also.

  21. I was the one to end both of my marriages

  22. I believe I am doing the best I can as a single mom

  23. I miss being part of a couple

  24. I don’t miss the bullshit that comes along with dating

  25. I love my nephews more than I can put into words

  26. I believe their love has healing powers for my heart

  27. I have a college degree in business administration

  28. I have never used it

  29. I used to work at a car dealership

  30. I met three of my closest friends while working there

  31. All three of them are men

  32. I have a special fondness for Dodge Durango’s

  33. I also have a special fondness for Applebee’s

  34. I worked at McDonald’s all the way through college.

  35. I still like to eat McDonald’s every now and then

  36. I love their McRib

  37. I could walk in there today and get a job starting tomorrow

  38. I have a belly-ring

  39. I got my naval pierced as a symbol of my independence

  40. I am still as in love with it as I was the day I got it

  41. I drive a 93 Eagle Vision

  42. I would rather drive a Dodge Dakota or a Nissan Xterra

  43. My secret guilty pleasure is ‘Charmed’

  44. I still exchange Christmas cards and pictures of our kids with my first boyfriend

  45. My favorite drink is Captain Morgan and soda (Coke, Pepsi, Vanilla Pepsi)

  46. I have a collection of 10 empty Captain Morgan bottles that I have drank with Knucklehead 2 in the year and a half we’ve been hanging out

  47. I have saved every bottle we have emptied together.

  48. I have a bottle of Captain Morgan in my refrigerator at all times

  49. I have a bottle of Tequila Rose in my fridge that my ex husband bought for me on his 25th birthday

  50. I don’t like Tequila Rose

  51. My favorite beer is Mich Ultra

  52. I was born in Parsons, Kansas

  53. I love the Jayhawk (just the mascot, not any of the teams)

  54. I have lived in a total of 18 different houses or apartments in my life

  55. I have one brother, and one sister

  56. I have one sister-in-law and one brother-in-law

  57. I am the only of us kids to graduate from college.

  58. I am a red-head by birth, a blonde by choice

  59. My hips and thighs are bigger than I want them to be

  60. My boobs are smaller than I want

  61. I love baseball

  62. My favorite memory from this summer is the St. Louis Cardinal’s game I went to with DJH.

  63. I love to read.  My favorites are Nora Roberts, John Grisham, and Julie Garwood.

  64. I have been on a first name basis with at least one ‘celebrity’.

  65. I am afraid of heights, but love roller coasters

  66. I love chocolate

  67. I hate coconut

  68. Every once in a while I actually CRAVE a margarita

  69. I love the Harry Potter series

  70. I am jealous of my sister’s relationship with her husband.  She has found the perfect man (for her).

  71. I secretly worry there is no ‘perfect man’ for me

  72. My heart has been broken by too many people who didn’t even know they were in a position to hurt me

  73. I’m not entirely sure that is all their fault

  74. I have people in my life who tell me that I am beautiful, and actually believe it

  75. I have an incredibly hard time believing them

  76. I think my nose is too big

  77. I hate my eye teeth, they look like under-developed vampire fangs

  78. My hair color and nails are both fake, I don’t believe that makes me a complete fake or fraud.

  79. I like myself; there are just some aspects of my appearance I don’t like.  I change them because I can

  80. I love E! True Hollywood Stories.  

  81. I am not-so-secretly in love with one of my knuckleheads

  82. I will not tell you which one

  83. The best memories of my grandmother are of my trip to Kansas alone when I was in college.  I spent the week with my grandmother.  We went to a demolition derby and stayed up half the night talking like girlfriends.  

  84. I miss her and am sorry she never got to meet two of my kids

  85. I have finally found a way to forgive my father and have allowed him back into my life

  86. I am glad I did that before it was too late

  87. I am in awe of my youngest daughter.  She has a confidence and complete lack of fear (except when it comes to spiders) that amazes me.  

  88. I pray I don’t screw her up and take those qualities away from her

  89. Because my father was a preacher, I have seen how corrupt the Church and organized religion can be.  

  90. I have faith, and believe in a higher power, I don’t belong to any organized religion or congregation.

  91. I kill all flowers, including silk flowers.  I have a black thumb, nowhere near green.

  92. I have a rose bush that survived longer than the marriage it was planted to symbolize.  It has survived because I basically left it alone.

  93. I have learned more about myself sexually in the last year, than I did in the 20 years prior.

  94. I will not swim in any body of water that does not have chlorine or a filtering system

  95. I love a clean house, I just hate cleaning it.

  96. My house is almost always cluttered, with that ‘lived-in’ look that comes with having 3 kids

  97. I still wish I had my own horse and could spend hours riding through wide open fields.

  98. I did own a horse for 3 months and rode him every chance I got

  99. I love the taste of chocolate, and the smell of vanilla

  100. I love Obsession for men

  101. I completed this entire list in one sitting


No comments: