Thursday, February 16, 2006

Relax

Mixed messages can be ever so annoying, but you'll save yourself a whole lot of time and hassle if you refuse to play interpreter. Work with what's right in front of you, rather than what you want to hear.

That is my horoscope for today.  

That being said, last night over dinner, Z tells me ‘I’m almost ready to close on a house.’
“OK, where?”
“Out by the country club, so we’ll be country club snobs.”

Now, I know that I’m reaching, and stretching and putting a lot of weight on such a small word.  It’s not so much that we’ll be country club snobs, it’s the fact that he acknowledged there is a ‘We’ instead of just him.  

I’m not taking what he said to mean we’ll ALL be moving into this house (although there is room for all of us) I’m not sure I’m ready for that, and I’m not sure he is either.  I’m just kind of tickled, (OK THRILLED) that there was a ‘WE’ in that sentence.  It was an admission that there is a WE, that we are a couple, that this might actually be something semi-important to him.

Now, back to my horoscope.  Work with what’s right in front of you, rather than what you want to hear.  Basically, stop looking for hidden meaning behind every word he utters.  I’ve relaxed a bit in two months.  I no longer worry about will he call, will we spend time together.  In fact, it’s almost understood that we will be together.  I spend every Wednesday night with him, and we spend every weekend together either at my place or his depending on if I have kids or not.  

Stop interpreting what he’s saying and just relax, go with the flow and enjoy.  We’re leaving on a major trip together tomorrow.  A mini vacay.  It will either solidify us or break us.  I’m sure we’re going to come out of this closer than we’re going into it.  I think this is going to be great trip for us (and the race will be amazing too)

No comments: