Thursday, March 30, 2006

One of my life's little pleasures


Nothing makes me feel prettier than a new french manicure. When everything else in my life seems to be a mess, a new french manicure can lift my spirits and put a bounce in my step like nothing else can. It's hard to be down when your hands and nails are so pretty. At least for a short while.

I especially love new manicures in the spring and summer, after I've been tanning for a while and my skin finally has that warm glow I can't seem to get anywhere else.

Yes, I know the dangers and the risks. Please spare me the speaches.

I did both last night, tanned right after work, and got a mani right after that. I went home feeling beautiful and special. These are two little treats I give myself. The rest of my life is given to other people, my kids, Boo, work, family. But last night I had 2 hours of uninterupted pampering and I loved it.

That in and of itself is worth the money.

No comments: