Friday, June 9, 2006

A new idea

Ok, I’m going to go out on a limb here, and step a bit outside my comfort zone.  It’s no secret that my divorce has been final for 2 years (almost) and I’m still single.  While there is nothing wrong with that, and I’m sure I needed to be single for a while, it’s still sometimes rather boring and lonely.

It is also no secret that the guys I chose to date are always the wrong guys.  Won’t commit, treat me badly.  They aren’t bad guys; they are just the wrong guys, wrong for me.  When it comes to men I am apparently clueless.

So, I have been thinking, who knows me better than anyone else in the world?  My family.  They know who I am, what I like, what my life is like, and they have never really approved of any of the guys I have dated.  Why not let them pick guys they would approve of, and guys they think I might like, or I have a lot in common with.  Why not let my sister, or my mom, fix me up on a blind date with guys they know.   They obviously can’t do any worse than I have done, and so I really have nothing to lose there.  They just might find me a great guy that I would never have met otherwise.

So, family, here’s your mission, should you chose to accept it.  Find me a guy you think I might be happy with.  I am not looking for a husband, but I am looking to date a good guy, and a guy who’s good for me, good to me.  With all your friends and connections everywhere, it shouldn’t be much of a challenge.  I am asking you to find me the kind of guy you think I should be with.

I am willing to go on a date with said guys and give this an honest, open minded try.  I really have nothing to lose, and who knows what I will gain.

1 comment:

mamakohl said...

ummmmmm. well. I don't think I'd be any better at setting you up - all the guys I know are married, gay, or 21 (and no, I'm not setting you up with a 21 year old!!!)