Thursday, December 14, 2006

Hallmark Sucks

I went to Halmark today at lunch, trying to find a Christmas Card to put with B's gift (he's getting it tonight BTW). You know, Hallmark has a card for almost every single occassion, reason, person, with one glaring exception.

They don't have a card that says "I fell in love with you 4 months ago, and I believe that we are meant to be together till death us do part. Except that I let my demons from my past cloud my judgement and feed my insecurities and I made a HUGE mistake. I thought I had lost you forever, but I haven't lost you completely. I'm glad we're friends and who knows what will happen someday down the road."

They have wonderful romantic, and sappy, and sweet and disgusting cards for husbands, and for lovers. They have funny, platonic, stupid cards for friends. What they don't have is a card somewhere in the middle. They don't make a card for me to give him. The one where I love him still and believe we'll work this out somehow, even though he's not so sure right now.

They really need to work on that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Drop them an email and offer to design one for them. Might be the start of a whole new career........