Friday, January 19, 2007

More whining and bitching, sorry

I look out my window and there is this bright light in the sky. It looks vaguely familiar, like something I remember from a dream. Then I remember...it's the sun. I remember the sun. Back in the days when it was warm, and there was no freaking snow and ice on the ground. Back when it wasn't painful to walk outside because the temperatures were normal and there was no such thing as a wind chill factor. Yeah, nice of you to come back around.

Of course that Bitch Mother Nature is going to chase you off again, look at this shit. I swear to god, I'm going to pack it all up and head south, far south, like Bahamas south, where the sun is warm, the beaches are plenty, the rum flows endlessly, and the cabana boys are half naked. Where shit never freezes, and they have no freakin idea what a wind chill factor is. Snow is just a figment of someone's imagination.

Yeah, that's where I want to be. I am sick and tired of freakin winter. Tired of being cold, tired of being home bound, tired of trying to entertain myself and the three kids. Tired of listening to them argue because they are tired of being stuck inside. (never mind they haven't been home for 2 days, they will be tonight and the arguements will start. I promise you.)

I know the snow and ice means there will be fewer bugs this summer, and believe me I'll be glad for that this summer, but right now, summer is....well, a wish.

I know I whine and bitch and moan about the weather a lot, but damn, I hate winter. This time last year, I kid you not it was 70 degrees in February. We were wearing shorts, insane. I know February isn't here yet, but damn it it's close and the temperatures outside are nowhere near close to 70. I know this is normal weather for this time of year, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm sick of cold, I'm sick of snow, I'm sick of ice. I'm sick of winter.

No comments: