Friday, January 26, 2007

My Friday afternoon

Friday afternoon. A quiet afternoon. Nothing going on. Skeleton crew here, at best. Why? Uh, did I mention it's Friday? Yeah, I did, huh?

Oh!

Did I mention the sun is shining outside? No? Oh, well, yeah, it is. Did I mention that it's 55 degrees outside too? No? Yeah, well, it is absolutely beautiful outside. Finally caught a break, and really, just enough of a break to get just a sample taste of spring fever.

What I wouldn't give to be outside, right now. I'd love to be home enjoying this weather, but I'm stuck at work, in a building that is too hot (we have windows and doors open) in an office without a window (which is both a blessing and a curse), with nothing to do, because, as I mentioned, nobody is here.

And did I mention the van? Yeah, I did. It's out of commission. The only place it goes now, is to Dad's work. That's no fun, and no place to hang out.

So I sit. In my office. Without a window. In an almost empty building. That's too damn hot. Trying to ignore the beautiful weather outside. For another 2 hours.

Wish me luck.

No comments: