Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Batman Returns



Last month, I posted this here, and I sent a similar email to Batman with the exact same picture.

He sent me back an email that said, "I just can't right now. That's not to say some day maybe, but right now, I can't"

It was the response I expected, but I still felt I had to try. After all, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Apparently, it got him thinking. A lot.

He asked me before Christmas to gain some of the weight back I had lost when we broke up. 5 pounds was all he was asking. He promised to make it worth my while. He told me last week that I would get my surprise on this trip.

He came through for me. He kept his promise, and he made it all worth while. Today.

On our way to his house today, with only an hour to go before I had to leave to come home, he made it all worth my while.

Let me go back. Batman was absolutely wonderful this weekend. Opening doors for me, getting up early every morning to go get fresh coffee for us. He asked me about my trip to The Daytona 500 last year, and then made it a point to do everything in his power to make this trip better, to do absolutely nothing like last year. He would reach for my hand and hold it as we walked around. He would hug me for no reason. He would rock my world with soul touching kisses just out of the blue.

Finally today, he asked me, You know what your surprise is don't you?

No

You should. Haven't you picked up on the hints, the clues?Do you know why I want you to come down this weekend, with your girls?

Uh, you want to see me?

Yes

Well, I know things have changed

Yes.

I know things are different.

Yes.

But I want you to tell me. I want to hear you say it.

Ok, well, I'm not quite ready to say....those three words, but I want to give us a second chance. I want to try to make this work. I believe is us, and I want us. I forgive you for what you did before. Don't do it again.

That's good enough for me for now.

Later, in a text message, I asked him. "So, does this make me your girlfriend again?"

and his reply?

Very simply...

Yes.

2 comments:

Dixie said...

Hot Dang!

Congrats!

Sudiegirl said...

YEAH BABY!

I are so happy!