Saturday, March 3, 2007

Weekend Randomness

My son never fails to amaze me with how utterly naive he can be. Apparently there is a group of people (guys and girls) meeting to see a movie tonight. When I asked him some very basic, very important questions, (who's driving you there, picking you up? What movie, what time? Who's paying for it?) yeah, he was clueless. Although in his defense the other kids in the group don't have any more clues than he does. They called him, Can you go?
Who's paying for my ticket?
You are
UH, I don't have any money.
Two minutes later (yes two) the same girls call him back
Can you go?
I still don't have any money. (Do they think he won the lottery in 2 minutes? Or found a leprechan?)
I am just amazed by this whole process.

I think it's more than just a little bit funny that the day Batman's parents get back home after spending 10 glorious days in Florida in 80 degree weather, it is snowing outside. I don't feel nearly as bad about missing the warm weather they enjoyed.

This is the first weekend I've spent away from Batman in 4 weeks, and it's the first weekend I've spent away from him since we got back together. In the past, the weekends without him were weekends without him in my life. This weekend is more than a little strange, and I find myself reminding myself things are fine. Can I just say that I don't like this at all?

I am glad to have cable and internet at home this weekend to keep me and the kids entertained. The problem is, there is nothing on cable worth watching, and you can only 'self-medicate' on the web for so long.

Conversation with Tate: Mom, will I be alive 30 years from now?
How old do you think you'll be in 30 years?
UH 39?
Yes, you will be a year older than I am right now. Do you think you'll still be alive at that time?
If I don't die.
Hard to fault that logic.

2 comments:

Dixie said...

Tate cracks me up!

The Estrogen Files said...

ROTFL!! Nice to know he'll still be around with such a POSITIVE attitude!