Monday, August 28, 2006

I believe

What do you believe? That is a question posted on a blog I read with quite some regularity. It’s always a good question. Years ago there was a series of little books, “Life’s Little Instruction Book” and whatnot. Those books got me thinking and my sister and I started a list of things we believed. I still have that list somewhere. I hope to someday have it printed and bound for her.

So when I saw this question posed yet again on LBB’s blog, I thought I would put a shortened, but updated version of my list on my blog, and invite friends/family/strangers alike to add to my list with what they believe.

I believe that better than I’ve ever had does not necessarily fill the void of all that I deserve.

I believe that I have found all that I ever dreamed of, because I found myself first.

I believe that that in no way guarantees tomorrow or a lifetime.

I believe that just because something is possible, does not make it probable.

I believe our children are our future, and it is up to us to make sure they have one.

I believe you can love someone, but not enough to make them love you

I believe that you don’t always end up with your soul mate.

I believe you have to love yourself before anyone else can love you.

I believe that true love takes work and commitments from both people.

I believe that the beautiful people are not the best lovers. They believe looks make up for so much. (I am not one of the beautiful people)

I believe that I have taken crap off of too many people for far too long. I’m tired of living the life of a mushroom.

I believe that my divorce papers have legally given me my life back to live as I please. I also believe that my ex husband has not figured this truth out yet.

I believe we will never know the full truth behind the Kennedy assassination. I also believe it doesn’t matter at this point, he’s dead. The truth will not bring him back to life.

I believe that the planet is warming, and if we humans truly believe that we alone are solely responsible for this fact of nature, we have an over inflated idea of our importance in the universe.

I believe the truth, no matter how painful, is better than a lie, or not knowing.

I believe that we should love our children for who they are, not for who we want them to be.

I believe that at the end of the day, our kids will love us for what we do with them, not for what we can buy for them.

I believe that some money costs too much. I believe I could be making more money than I am right now, and thereby live more comfortably, but that in order to do that I would have to work harder and longer and be less happy and spend less time with my kids. I don’t believe that is an equal trade-off.

I believe that if the man you love has children, you had better love them too. They are a package deal, you can’t have one without the other. If you can’t love the kids, you don’t love him.

I believe that I spent way too much time and energy trying to be what I thought other people thought I should be instead of just being myself.

I believe that I am beautiful when he looks at me.

What do you believe?

1 comment:

~Melissa Mullinax said...

LOVE these. :-)