Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'm glad I'm back, I didn't realize I was gone

Unleash yourself from all outside pressures; just focus on your own passions. Ideas just flow from you. The stars want you to make sure that those good intentions bear fruit, so apply all that creativity and knowledge and get something down on paper (or in clay, or in paint -- whatever it takes). You're too focused on the present for once. Look into your crystal ball and see what's likely to come up ahead. Then start preparing to deal with it before it gets out of control. Your passions and personal interests are part of who you are -- and part of what makes you special to other people. There's nothing wrong with setting aside time to fulfill your own interest. It's not selfish; it's healthy. Unburden yourself of all outside pressures today ... that may mean rescheduling an appointment or taking a rain check on that dinner date. Don't feel bad about putting yourself first. It's all part of staying healthy -- and being a better friend or partner.

That is my horoscope for today. It’s actually kind of fitting. I picked up the camera last night, for the first time in 2 weeks. I had neglected my passion; I had shut that part of me off. I was unhappier than I knew, and the first thing to suffer was my passion, the one thing that feeds my soul.

So last night, I picked up the camera and took the girls outside to shoot some pictures. We shot a whole roll in about 15 minutes, so I’m not sure the quality will be any good, but I felt alive again. I created, I saw beauty, I saw character, I saw joy, laughter, and love in the faces of my daughters and I can only hope I was able to capture it all on film. It fed my soul again.

I didn’t consciously neglect my photography. Before, when I was unhappy, I starved my body in an attempt to control something in my life. This time, I starved my soul, gave up, and neglected the one thing that gave me great pleasure and joy.

It was good to be behind the camera again. In fact, my brother and sister-in-law will be in town this week, and we’re having a family dinner with them. You can bet I’m taking my camera with me, capturing the fun and laughter and love of our family. I’m not being selfish, I’m just feeding my soul, finding my bliss, my happiness, my balance, my passion, myself.

It’s good to be back. I just didn’t realize I was gone.

No comments: