Saturday, July 22, 2006

Too good to be true? All good things must come to an end?

Uh, yeah, BK really was too good to be true, for any real length of time. Yes, he was wonderful about getting the girls, cooking dinner, doing laundry. At least he was once. It couldn't last.

He was just a little to country, a little too red-neck for me. He was also a little too jealous, and a little to nosy, and a little to obnoxious, and a little too demanding.

He wanted to be here every single night. He said (direct quote here) "That's the only way I've ever dated, I don't know how to do it any other way. I spend every night with who ever I'm seeing." That sounds an awful lot like being married to me and I don't want to be married. Especially not to him.

I found out I really like my alone time, my personal space, my private time, just me, not answering to anyone but myself. I don't mind occassionally being here, but every single night? I couldn't even go shopping because he was always here and 'there was no way in hell he was going shopping with me'.

He said he didn't have a problem with me talking to Boo, just as long as I told him every time that I did. Well, I'm sorry, but that's just not going to happen. For one reason, a lot of what Boo and I talk about is really trivial and irrelevant (who's his cable provider, where does Jeff stand in the Race for the Chase, the politics in the offices there at work). The other reason? It's really none of his business. I don't check in with anyone.

So, all good things must come to an end. And you know, I really don't mind picking up the girls and doing laundry and cooking dinner, because it means my life is still my life and no one is trying to control it.

No comments: