Friday, September 15, 2006

More questions, still no answers

Yesterday, the world, (ok, my boss and my ex husbands – yes plural) had more than just a passing interest in the state of my union with Batman. (yes, the man really needs a new nick name).

Newt had a parent meeting last night, and of course, we both needed to attend. After the meeting, C2 asks me “So, is he good to the girls?”

What?

Is he good to the girls, that’s all I want to know.

Yeah, he good to the girls. He’s better to them than you are.

Whatever.

Well he doesn’t yell at them, hit them, he listens to them, talks to them, he actually cares about them and their life and he spends time doing things with them.

He better not f@*king hit them.

Yeah, that’s reserved just for you.

Whatever.

You know, if you’re so worried about people being good to the girls, you might want to take a good look around your world. After all, your heifer bitch girlfriend is a hateful hag to the girls, and your brother doesn’t know how to keep his hands to himself.

So, what am I looking at?

What are you talking about?

Well, you spend a lot of time with him.. when are you moving down there?

Uh, yeah, I spend every weekend with him, but as for moving down there? I promise you I will not move while the kids are in school this year.


I understand the concern when it involves the kids, but I don’t have the answers to the questions being asked. For once in my life, everyone in my life is questioning my relationship, and the future, more than I am. That speaks volumes to me.

No comments: