Monday, June 19, 2006

Paying it forward for Father's Day


It is no secret that the girls' dad and I just don't get along. We don't see eye to eye on anything. He's still in love with me, I barely tolerate him. He still holds out hope that we will be together again someday. I know that hell will freeze over first.

But I was having a momentary lapse in judgment and feeling rather generous for Father's Day. The girls have the opportunity to get me something from the school store for Mother's Day, no such luck for Father's Day.

So, I thought, for next to nothing I can give him pictures of the girls that I took. Yes, there were alternative motives involved. I could pay karma forward. I do this for him, and karma sends me a great paying wonderfully fun job in the next day or two. There is a great deal of vindictive satisfaction in knowing that 2 of my great pictures of our beautiful daughters will be in their house and every time she looks at them she'll know I gave them to him.

No comments: