Tuesday, October 11, 2005


Happy 6th Birthday Newt! Posted by Picasa

Today is my Baby's 6th birthday. According to her the good thing about this birthday is she finally gets to use two hands to show people how old she is.

Newt was a surprise to us. When we found out I was pregnant we weren't exactly ready for another baby, figuring we had another year yet. She got impatient and couldn't wait for our timetable. I should have paid closer attention to her then. That was to set the tone for her life.

She's never been one to wait around and do things 'when you're supposed to'. It's always been when she wanted to. Sometimes that meant early, sometimes that meant late, but always on Newt's time.

Newt makes me question everything, every life commandment I've ever held true. Who says you can't have ice cream for breakfast, or dinner or both? Once in a while it's fun to do the unexpected. Who says you can't wear stripes with plaids? They both have lines right? And isn't Pepto Bismol Pink and Barbie Pink close enough? They're both pink.

She lights up my life, makes my heart sing. She's a contradiction and a fireball. I love her to the moon, the stars and the heavens and back. Twice.

Happy Birthday Newt. I love you
Mom

No comments: