Friday, October 7, 2005

In need of girl friends


My sister, who is wise beyond her years, treasures, loves, adores her girlfriends, and has noticed my lack of them, and my desperate need for them in my life.  

I have always been ‘one of the guys’ because it’s more fun to be the center of attention there.  But it’s also empty, and meaningless, unfulfilling and lonely, because the guys only see tits and ass (and in my case there’s not much of either to see, what a disappointment).  They only see the cover, not the content.  They only see the pretty window dressing, not the soul inside.  

I know that my life is missing something vital, something important.  I know that it is possible to have deep, meaningful, strong, important, empowering, strengthening, life affirming relationships with women. I’ve seen it done.  I know it’s something I could learn a  great deal from, and something I really need in my life.  

It’s like a million dollars.  It would enrich my life, make it fun, make it easier at times, would benefit me greatly and therefore benefit my children, it would be something I would dearly treasure, something I would thoroughly enjoy, something I would love to have.  I just don’t know where to look for it or how to go about getting it.  They just don’t have girlfriend lotteries where I could win big!

So, I am in search of girlfriends, as if they could just be picked up at Wal-Mart.  I’m new to this I don’t know where to find them.  I don’t know what they would look like, act like, what it would feel like to have girlfriends.  Real girlfriends.  

Can you place personal ads for girlfriends?  Would I even know what to ask for, look for in a girlfriend?  

SWMoT (single white mother of three) looking for girlfriends to enrich my life and make it more rounded.  Must be willing to share laughs and tears with and enjoy occasional, okay, weekly nights out without men or children.  Willing to offer support, encouragement, understanding, forgiveness, love, laughter, and a shoulder to cry on in exchange for same.  Will always support each other even if we don’t always agree with each other.     Children and ex husbands are helpful but not required.  Please respond to following…
desperateforgirlfriends@needforbalance.com.

No comments: