Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Nestea Plunge of Life

Today I am cranky.  And I guess I know the real reason why, and how to get out of this funk.  I’ve been trying once again to control my life, and my corner of the universe.  Trying desperately to get people in my life to do the things I want, to behave in a way most becoming to me.   My bitchiness is a result of the ensuing frustration.  I realize it, I know it, and I know how to alleviate the frustration… Just allow the universe to evolve on it’s own.  In other words, give up trying to control something I can not control.  

I have the option to sit in the corner and continue to be bitchy, which isn’t very pleasant for the people I work and live with.  I can chose to throw a temper tantrum along the lines of ‘I don’t want to let go!  I want things MY way!’ but, being a mother of three, I’ve seen my fair share of temper tantrums, and know just how effective they are. (or aren’t)

I will work hard this afternoon, to remind myself to let it go.  Let go of the ineffective need to control my universe.  Nestea ™ plunge life if you will.  The Nestea ™ commercials when they would fall back into the pool, just let go, and fall.  And so I have to adopt that attitude towards my life, the people in my life and the universe around me.  Nestea ™ my life.  

Besides, I’ve discovered in the past, that once I let go of the need to control, things have an uncanny way of working out better than I could have orchestrated by myself.

No comments: