Thursday, December 15, 2005

Sometimes I am such a grinch

Sometimes I hate Christmas.  Now, don’t get your panties in a wad, let me explain.

It’s commercialized, and filled with Gimme Gimme Gimme.  My kids have asked for things they really don’t have any business wanting, and have no needs for them.  I mean really, does a 6 year old really need a cell phone?

Then there’s the cookies, the candies, the meals, the holiday parties, the treats and the goodies.  All our customers send ‘holiday wishes’ in the form of Russell Stover candies, everyone has the required candy dishes on their desks, always full of chocolates, we just had our employee holiday meal today, all you can eat more food than a person has a right to put away.  

I have 3 kids, by two fathers, each of the fathers’ parents are divorced (as are mine) which means the kids will have
     Christmas with me
     Christmas with their dad
     Christmas with my mother
     Christmas with my father
     Christmas with their dad’s mother
     Christmas with their dad’s father.
My father and my brother are both coming in from out of state, so their available time is limited as they also have numerous other obligations.  So I have multiple schedules to juggle.  I have to arrange Christmas celebrations to accommodate everyone’s schedules.  O’Hare has nothing on me.  

On top of this I have to find time to get Christmas shopping done while the kids are with their dads.  Since I have primary physical custody of all 3 kids, I have them the lion share of the time.  That limits my shopping opportunities.  Which brings us back to the commercialization of the holiday and the gimme gimme gimme’s.  

I hate Christmas.

No comments: