Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The system worked for TD

Finally resolution. Probably not what I would have hoped for, but he didn’t get away with it, so that is something.

I know there are some of you who have been following this story from the beginning. Believe me; none of you have had a greater interest in it than I have. The final court date was October 20th. There he pled guilty to both charges, and has been sentenced.

Count 1, Sexual Misconduct, 1st degree. He pled guilty, and was sentenced to 1 year in jail, 2 years supervised probation. The sentence was suspended, with the exception of “Shock Incarceration” for a length of 30 days to begin immediately. 2 years supervised probation will follow that.
Count 2, Assault, 3rd degree. Again, another guilty plea, and was sentenced to 15 days in jail to be served concurrent with the previous sentence.

So, it looks like he’s in jail now for 30 days, till November 20th (give or take). After that he will be on supervised probation for 2 years. The 1 year jail sentence has been suspended, but can be invoked at any time if he is in court for any further charges. He did not skate on this.

No matter how much his family wants to believe they are above the law, this proves they are not. No matter how tightly the circled the wagons around him to protect him, and no matter how often or diligently they threw TD (teenage daughter) under the bus and blamed her, they could not make this go away. He is now serving time in jail. As much as I liked X at one point, I am thrilled beyond thrilled that he’s sitting in jail with the other scumbags.

I don’t have all the answers yet, and believe me, I will be asking my attorney about this, but I wonder if he now has to register as a sex offender. If that’s the case, that little fact can only help my case when I go to court for the modification of custody of the girls. That is yet to be determined.

Thank god, and who ever else was involved, this did not get swept under the rug. It did not go away. TD got some justice.

Edited to Add: Per our paralegal in the office, he will probably have to register as a sex offender now too. That can only help my case.

No comments: