Tuesday, May 9, 2006

The Storm

It hasn’t arrived yet, but I know it’s coming. I just don’t know when. The waiting is almost worse than the reality. I can feel it looming on the horizon. I am waiting for it’s arrival, and preparing.  I am so sure it’s coming that I’ve already begun to accept it as a reality and started to prepare for it.

I know that I could be wrong, but I’m sure that I’m not.  I am sure there is a storm brewing and it’s coming. I can’t see it, but I can feel it.  It won’t be a violent storm, it will be one of eerie calm, but as full of energy as a violent storm that rages and destroys.

The damage left in the wake of the storm may not be total and complete.  It may not destroy anything, but nothing will be left unchanged.  Of that I can be sure.  Nothing will be left untouched.  Damage probably won’t be visible on the surface, but foundations will be shaken and crumbled. Nothing will be certain, or steady.  Everything will be balanced precariously on unsteady ground.  The effects of the storm could play out for some time.

I know there is a storm coming.  I don’t know when, I don’t know how big it will be, I don’t know what the aftermath will be. I am just preparing for it, already starting to accept the inevitability of it, and waiting. Praying and waiting.

No comments: