Friday, November 4, 2005

New Passions

I have discovered two new passions that can easily be combined, but I have no idea what do with them or where to go with them.  

I have always admired my cousin’s wife’s photography.  Photography has always been a secret interest of mine.  I just never had the money to get a really good camera.  So recently I purchased a small, simple, inexpensive digital camera, to kind of feed my passion and indulge my secret.  It’s only going to cost me batteries, and if I take lousy pictures I can delete them and not pay developing costs.

So, in discovering digital photography, I thought I’d try my hand at on-line or digital scrapbooking.  Again I bought an inexpensive software program to get started.  Now, when I get good at taking pictures, I’ll have something to do with them and can make them into something creative.  

From digital photography, and from scrapbooks, and also from this blog, and surfing other people’s blogs, I have become increasingly interested in creating web pages.  So I have surfed the web and scoured the libraries for books on writing HTML and will now try to teach myself how to create web pages and hopefully I can create web pages for my pictures and my scrapbooks.  

Do I know where this is going?  Nope.  Do I have a grand plan for this? Nope.  I am just secretly thrilled to have found something that interests me and has caused me to research and now learn something new.  I have a focus, I have a goal, I have a creative outlet, something that is all my own.  

It may sound like nothing much but to me it’s huge.  Who knows?  Maybe I’ll create my own web site, then create some more, and find a new job, or a whole new career.  How exciting!

No comments: