Tuesday, April 4, 2006

CRASH

Yesterday I got a phone call from the school, the middle school.  Bo had fallen out of a chair, hit his elbow against the concrete wall and was in considerable amount of pain, could I come get him.

A year ago, Newt fell backwards out of a swing and broke her arm.  Now Bo fell out of a chair.  What is up with my kids that they can’t sit down without falling out?  Are they drunk?  Where are they getting it?

So, I call his father who picks him up from school and I rush to the hospital for x-rays.  Turns out, this time, we got lucky, no broken bones.  Just a very severe bruise that will hurt for a few days and turn lots of pretty colors.  He got a sling to kind of help keep his arm limited, but he’s thinking it’s going to help garner a lot of sympathy, especially from the girls.

Crash seems to be normal among my children.  Newt broke her arm last year, stabbed her sister in the head this year, and now Bo has bruised his elbow.  What’s next?  Do I want to ask?  Do I want to know?


No comments: