Friday, April 7, 2006

The next 10 days

Boo is completely out of his apartment, and everything is in the house, but a long way from being completely settled.  He is at a basic functioning level, which means he can shower, dress and have coffee.  Not much else.

Tonight, after work, he’s picking up the rental car, going home to pack and he’s spending the night at his brother’s, and he and his mother are leaving for VA tomorrow morning. Early. 4:30 AM early.  

He’ll be gone for 10 days (home on Easter Sunday).  I am looking at a weekend without kids, without Boo, without plans, but with internet and cable.  I am so looking forward to just hanging out at home, and vegging in front of the tube and enjoy the umpteen channels I am paying for.  And right now, until the cable company figures it out, I’ve got free Showtime and HBO (shhh, don’t tell, and don’t say it too loud, they might hear) so I’m going to watch as many movies as I possibly can, even the really bad ones, just because they are free!

I want to surf the web, and catch up with some long distance friends, hopefully we can chat through messengers, and I can catch up with everyone that I can’t chat with at work.

Oh yeah, and Sunday, I get to watch the races at my own home!  And call Boo and let him know how it’s going.

Gonna be a really good weekend and a good week, even without my Boo.  The time will fly by and he’ll be home before I know it.

No comments: