Monday, April 17, 2006

Our Bed, meant to be

I have no doubt that our wonderful walnut spindle bed was meant to be ours.  

As I stated I was ready to give up the whole yard sale deal on Friday, call it a day and go home.  One more, just one more, then we’re going home.  And lo and behold there was our bed.

I bought the bed that day.  When I picked it up, the family told me this bed had been passed between sisters and had been in storage at one house or another for years.  They had decided that if I didn’t come back for the bed they were just going to pack it up and take it back to storage.  Then, there I was, buying the bed.

When I went back on Saturday to get the springs to go with the bed, the man told me that not 20 minutes after I left with the bed, 4 people came by, said they had driven past earlier and were interested in the bed.  He had to tell them it was sold.

I have no doubt that Boo and I were meant to have this bed, but I am not sure exactly why just yet.  I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, even if the reason is completely unknown and unclear at the time. Reason will make itself known when the time is right.  As with this bed, reason will make itself known in time.

I think, for whatever reason, I was meant to be with Boo. Maybe not forever, but at least for a while.  I don’t think it’s a coincidence that knucklehead #2 told me just the day before I met Boo, that he was dating someone else.  I don’t think it’s a fluke that every time something looms on the horizon that could potentially tear us apart, or cause a rift in our relationship, it seems to work itself out, disappear or become a non-issue before any ‘damage’ can be done.

I will learn something from him and I’m sure he will learn something from me.  The who/what/when’s remain to be seen.

No comments: