Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shifts, waves, tides, ebbs and flows

Shifts in relationships are natural, even though they may not feel that way at first. Remember, if things don't evolve, they die. Don't immediately assume that this change is for the worse. Just let it happen.

There it is in black and white.  Things are shifting again, the difference this time is I’m not stressing, obsessing, over analyzing, or over thinking things. I have just let things go.  In the past I’ve worked myself up to a real good worry, and sometimes tears, all for nothing.  This time I’m trying to avoid the drama, and allow things to take the course they are destined to take.  I can be present in the moment, in the relationship and react to what’s going on, but I can not control the course we’re on.

If we don’t constantly change the dynamics of our relationship, it will never grow.  It has to give and take with the ebb and flow of life.  I have to learn how to ride the waves.  I have to trust that things will work out the way they were meant to be, and accept what ever that is.

No comments: