Monday, January 9, 2006

Postsecret

Postsecret my guilty pleasure, and my obsession?  I am in awe that people out there have the guts to reveal their secrets, while I still hide mine.  I see secrets revealed that are bigger than mine, and some that are smaller, and yet, I continue to hide them.  

I read the new secrets every Monday morning.  I wonder who sent their secret in.  What does that person look like?  What do they do for a living?  Where do they work?  How do they feel now that their secret has been revealed?  Relief? Regret? What would I feel if I could only find the courage to send in mine?  Would my family recognize my secret?  Would they still love me?  Would it matter?  

Not ready yet.  Maybe someday.

1 comment:

mamakohl said...

You know, I used to have a ton of deep dark secrets - things that I believed blackened my soul. I found that it was causing the positive truthful parts of my life to deteriorate. How can one live an honest life while still holding secrets? So, after a long hard thought process and a deep breath,I finally confided my deepest sins to someone. They still love me. It freed me.

I guess this is the point of Catholic Confession. Not so much to have someone say, "Okay, you did all of that, but God forgives you and it's okay now," but maybe so the confessor can say, "I can live a truthful life now."

I hope you get the courage to tell someone. It doesn't have to be anyone you even know. Maybe it's better if it's someone you don't know. All I know is that I felt a million times happier and better about myself once I confessed. I want that for you, too.