Tuesday, January 3, 2006

New Years Eve - Not as bad I thought it would be

New Year’s Eve this year wasn’t as bad I thought.  The kids came home from a week at their dads for the holidays.  The girls had never been gone that long so it was especially nice to have them back again.  Even with Newt arguing with Bo in the back seat of the van it was nice.  It meant I had all my kiddos back home with me.

Z was still in LA with is family.  We have talked on the phone every day of this long ass trip of his.  He had offers/invites to go to 3 different places on New Year’s Eve, and up until 4:00 that afternoon was unsure exactly where he would end up.  

In the crazy excitement of having the chicks all back in the nest, I agreed that this year they were all old enough to stay up until midnight and celebrate the new year.  We picked up plenty of movies at the Blockbuster, and settled in for a long night of movies.  Newt made it clear till 11:00 but Tate and Bo went clear on in till 12:30 at which point I pulled the plug on their little movie fest and said Happy New Year,  Good night.

The best part of the night was at 12:05, Z called from LA…”Happy New Year Baby!  I have no one here to kiss, so I’ll just have to kiss you when I get home.  And there will be lots of kissing when I get there.”  Sure, it’s kind of corny, but still sweet in that just starting out kind of way.  It meant something to me that he called, and that he missed me.

He’s on his way home today. He got on the road at 5:00 AM and will hopefully be at my place by 5:30-6:00 tonight.  The kids will be back with their dads on Wednesday and Thursday, so we’ll have 2 nights together to ‘catch up’ and be together.  I am so looking forward to those nights.

So, even though I wasn’t with my sweetie on New Year’s Eve, we started this year off right, at least for now.  I can’t complain.  The new year holds lots of promise and potential.  We’ll just have to see where this goes.  

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: