Monday, March 5, 2007

The Languages of Love

Race Mom replied to my post about Batman, and the elusive three words I thought I needed to hear. She said that there area actually five love languages.

Physical Touch
Acts of Service
Time
Words of Affirmation
And Gifts

I think I may have known this from some of the things my father studied and taught when he was a minister. I also know that some people are visual people, some are audio people and some are verbal people. I am a verbal person. Batman is more visual. I will tell him I love him. He shows me he loves me. I need to remember to listen to the language he speaks, instead of insisting he speak the language I can hear.

Of the 5 languages of love, which ones does he use? All of them actually. I would do good to remember them and look for them and listen for them. So, while he doesn't say those three words, he tells me he loves me, every single day. I just need to realize it.

While it will be a wonderful gift from him when he finally does say those words, and I will know then that he truly means them, it's still hard to wait some times. In the mean time, I need to listen with my eyes, and my heart and my soul. The feelings are there, even if the words are not yet.

1 comment:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Aw, that was such a sweet post! :)