Monday, February 12, 2007

He still gets me

Can I just say that even now, Batman still gets me, and he's still just absolutely wonderful? Friday I was off work, so I left here early, hoping to get some serious shopping done, before meeting him at work. I didn't tell him when I was leaving, I just told him I'd meet him at work.

I left here at 9:00 hoping to hit at least 2 malls in St. Louis before meeting him at work. At 9:15 he called to ask when I was leaving. "Uh, I'm on my way right now actually, but I want to stop at a couple of malls first before meeting you there."
Oh, well, I was hoping to get out of here early. Can you just come here to the store?
Yeah, I can, I guess. (I'm thinking, I'm still shopping and there's no way he's going to want to go with me, but OK).

I got to the store, and shortly after I got there, C came into work, and brought his fiance` with him. Batman handed me the keys to his new car, and said "Why don't you and A go shopping for a while, C and I will stay here. I'll call you when I'm ready to leave."

He had made arrangements for A to come in and go with me, so I could hit more malls, and I wouldn't have to shop alone. He gave me his car to drive, and said GO, have fun.

Even now, he knows what I need or what I want, and he provides. I had so much fun shopping with A, it was exactly what I needed, a day out with a girlfriend. And while it doesn't seem like a big deal to him (or to anyone really) it is huge to me, because he stops and considers me, and provides.

I had a wonderful day, I spent a lot of freakin' money, but I bought a ton of cute clothes for the trip (and now it's probably going to be too cold to wear them) and I was touched that he made the day possible for me.

No comments: