Monday, February 12, 2007

Home, not like it used to be

I went home this weekend. And just like the saying goes, it's true, you really can't go back home. Things are different now, as they should be. We are different now. There have been pain, and anger, and betrayal, and now, there is forgiveness, and patience, and faith.

I know that I spent a lot of time wishing I could go back, back to the happier days, back to when things were good between us, back to the way things used to be. But now, I know I can't go back, and really, I wouldn't want to go back.

I had to learn some really hard lessons, some really painful lessons, but good lessons. I had to let go of some things from my past. I had to learn to react differently to situations. I had to grow up.

Things are different between us now. Different in a good way. Some things are much the same, and I take great comfort and find hope in that.

No comments: