Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Mold and holes, and crap like that

A little over a year ago, I moved into the apartment I am currently living in, because the one I was in was being infested with mold. Apparently the apartment above mine had been leaking into my apartment and the landlord just ignored it. I let it go until it was so bad he had no choice but to deal with it.

A month ago, I noticed the same tell tale brown stain on the ceiling of my bathroom in this new apartment, and I told the landlord about it. "Oh we know all about it, we've already redone the bathroom above yours. It shouldn't be a problem. It's all taken care of." Yeah, except it wasn't. The spot grew, and grew, and the dry wall and plaster started to fall off the ceiling. Then it started to drip into my shower, and water started to run down my wall. So I made another phone call, and got the same song and dance.

Until Monday, when I came home to this....
You guessed it. The leak finally got so bad it busted through the ceiling. I had chunks of stuff in the bathtub, and a huge gaping hole in my ceiling.

So I called the landlord again. Uh, that leak you guys supposedly fixed? Uh, yeah, My guess is, it ain't fixed. I have a huge hole in my ceiling and a mess in the tub, and well, I want to know what you're going to do about it.

Well, the guys were working in the apartment above yours (I think) and I'm sure they just busted through your ceiling so that the leak could dry. We'll check it tomorrow unless there is water coming out of the hole now.

No, no water, and I want this shit fixed tomorrow. Period.

True to their word, my ceiling was patched. Hole covered, and painted, looks like crap, but better than a hole.

Guess what? I looked up there this morning? Yup. Already got that tell tale brown stain coming through the new stuff.

This is not looking good at all

No comments: