Thursday, November 30, 2006

Christmas Meme

Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?: Hot Chocolate, without a doubt, and usually with peppermint schnapps in it. Tastes like mint chocolate. Yum!

Does Santa Wrap presents or do they just go under the tree?: The big presents usually are from Santa and they don’t get wrapped.

Coloured lights on tree/House or white?: I use a combination of both, although last year, the lights were all white and the ornaments were all burgundy and silver. Very simple, elegant and pretty.

Do you hang mistletoe?: Uh, no, why? Nobody around to kiss me but my kids, and well, they don’t need mistletoe.

When do you put decorations up?:. Sometime after Thanksgiving, when the mood strikes. I’m thinking mine will go up this weekend, w/o the kids, and that’s really early for me.

What is your favourite Holiday Dish? Uh, I’m not sure I have a favorite holiday dish. I’m not sure my family has a holiday dish to chose from….

Favourite Holiday Memory as Child?: Sitting around opening presents with my cousins and my grandmother. She always was one to sit on the floor with the grandkids and enjoy the holidays with us. It was the one time of the year, she ‘relaxed’ and had fun with us.

When and How did you learn the truth about Santa?: I’m not sure…I remember it was the year I got my Lite-Brite. I sat out cookies and milk for Santa, but the next morning, I told everyone my uncle had eaten the cookies when he got home from his date.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope, there are never any presents under the tree before Santa comes…not even the ones from me to the kids.

How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Usually drunk. LOL No, while yelling at the kids who have taken all the decorations out of the box to look at them (like they’ve never seen them before) and left them laying all around the living room and then the kids have magically disappeared. ARG

Snow. Love it or dread it? My theory on snow? If it’s going to snow it had better snow so damn deep Nobody gets out. If it can’t do that, then it had better stay off the roads. Not that I’m particular or anything.

Can you ice skate? Why would I want to? I have in the past, and I’m not good at it.

Do you remember your favorite gift? I have diamond earrings from my sister, a bracelet from my mother and a necklace from my brother. I wear them all, every single day.

What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Being with my family. My brother is in the military and has been for 13 years. We have been blessed to have him home with us Every single Christmas.

Favourite Holiday Dessert? Uh…Pecan pie, I guess, I don’t know… I love Christmas cookies.

Do you prefer giving or receiving? If I find the PERFECT gift for someone I love giving.
What is your favourite Christmas Song The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire) or I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus


Candy Canes? Great in hot chocolate, or hanging on a tree…

No comments: