Sunday, November 26, 2006

Yesterday's horoscope

As the result of all your efforts, you find your life interwoven with a group of wonderful people. And it all happened so organically, too! See how things flow wonderfully when you make an attempt to follow your bliss?

That was my horoscope yesterday. Every once in a while, those horoscope people get it right. It took so little effort, really, just stop in, Say Hello, and bam, I have more 'friends' stopping my my place every day. I am meeting new people every day and making new friends.

I know, it sounds so simple, and such a no-brainer. I may have grown up the Preacher's Daughter, and that meant meeting new people all the time, I was still really shy. (I know, hard to believe, but yeah.) It still is uncomfortable for me at times to make the first move. Blogs can be such a personal thing, and sometimes I feel like I'm tresspassing when I'm reading blogs of people I don't know and have been 'introduced' to via other bloggers. (Yes, go ahead, I hear you over there laughing. It's my general insecurities coming though. Crazy? Yes, I know.)

Then I thought, you know what, if they didn't want strangers to read their blogs, they wouldn't have a blog on the internet. And really, what is a stranger but a friend you haven't met yet. And the only way to make a friend is to be a friend. It takes so little effort and I have nothing to lose, to just say "Hey, I really enjoy reading your blog. Hope you don't mind if I come back and visit often."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand what you mean about feeling like an intruder even though having the blog available to the public invites "intruders". That's why I've tried to be better about commenting on the blogs I read at least every so often. That's a pretty nice horoscope;>