Saturday, November 25, 2006

Just passing along

At the risk of my sister claiming I'm copying this from her (I'm not) I am posting this link here. I am putting this here, to just pass along the word of a cool website she introduced on her blog today.

I am a HUGE fan of Postsecret. I own the first book, was disappointed in the second, but I know that every one has a secret (or 2 or 10) and that somewhere in the world, some one shares your secret.

Group hug is along the same lines, although the secrets are not put on postcards and mailed to Frank, these secrets are posted on line, and everyone who finds this site can read them. I'm sure there are secrets there that I very well could have posted but didn't. Much like PostSecret.

Secrets seem to be all the rage nowadays. Even Cosmopolitan this month has a page dedicated to secrets, but they reference PostSecret as their inspiration and source. There is also Oceangram which is the internet's answer to a message in a bottle. You can 'write' your secret on a piece of paper, put it in a bottle and send it out in the ocean. Some one some where, when visiting this website, could very well catch your bottle and read your secret.

So, as Lil Sis says, if you've got something to get off your chest, you've got plenty of options to chose from where and how to do that. Go read other people's confessions, secrets, hopes, dreams, whatever. Get a group hug, and realize even if you don't know them, there is someone out there going through exactly what you are going through right now. And there is someone out there who has survived it....you can too.

No comments: