Friday, January 26, 2007

Protect and Serve?

Four more hours till the weekend. Wahoo! Let's see if I can get some posts up on this blog.

So, I went out today at lunch, nothing exciting, just cashed a check, and picked up some goodies for the weekend, and was on my way back to work when all of a sudden "POW!" from under my hood, and then *knock* *knock* *knock*, well yeah, you get the picture... Not good. I'm on the phone with B and I said "Oh shit, I'm dead. Let me call you back." Uh, yeah, just a note here, don't ever say "Oh shit I'm dead" right after a really loud "Pow!" especially when you're talking to someone on the phone. They tend to panic a bit.

To make a long story short, (and a boring story, well...it's still boring) I called my step-dad, and he came to take a look. Turns out a spark plug had 'popped' out, but in the process, the threads were striped. It's fixable, right now it's loud and sounds like it's about to explode, but it's not obliterated.

What gets me is that the whole time I'm sitting there waiting for Dad, then waiting for Dad to run back to his work, get parts, and come back again, no less than 5 of Our Town's Finest drove by, each one slowed down, looked, almost seriously thought about stopping, and then drove on. Not one of them stopped to see if I was ok, not one of them rolled down the window to ask if I was ok, not one of them bothered to see if I needed help.

Protect and serve? As long as it doesn't interfere with lunch or cruisin.

1 comment:

Angel said...

that makes me so mad. My husband is a trooper and he would NEVER do that...sheesh, he stops to help people when he's NOT working...but then he is a Super Trooper!

this happened to my daughter once too...she lives in a bad part of town and stopped to get gas..then her car wouldn't start, there was a city cop sitting in his car at the gas station so she went over to ask for a jump. he was talking on the phone, rolled down the window and told her they don't give jumps, then rolled the window back up and continued talking on the phone!!!!! It was about 10pm and she was alone!!!! Of course, she called her dad who left work and drove an hour to get to her and helped her out. some cops should be shot...no, forget I said that. Sorry this is a book!

I like your blog, but I can't remember how I found you!