Friday, January 12, 2007

Horoscope for today. Nailed this one.

You know you could manipulate the situation to achieve your desired outcome, but is that really such a good idea? Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. You're better off thinking before you act.


There's my horoscope today. I laughed so hard, I almost cried when I read it. I took today off, so that I could drive to LeMay Ferry and spend the afternoon with B (ya know, start the weekend early), and then yesterday happened. Ok, I'll roll with the punches. I still had today off, and had nothing to do today. I thought, what the hell, I can still drive to LeMay Ferry, spend the day at work with him and come home tonight. I won't get my weekend, but I'll have the afternoon with him.

So, I called him, left him a message, and took off down the highway. I got 20 miles down the road, and I heard a voice tell me, "Turn around, go home. If you go today, you won't get your weekend. Go home, and go tomorrow." While I looked for a place to turn around, he called me. "Today wouldn't be a good day, it's crazy around here. I'll call you later about this weekend. Still waiting to hear about Dad."

Needless to say, I turned around. Then I got my horoscope. Yes, I could have manipulated the situation to get the outcome I wanted. I could have gone to him today and spent the day with him at work and come home tonight and had only this afternoon (instead of 2 nights) with him. But was it really a good idea? Forcing the issue? Just because I could, doesn't mean I should.

I'm at home, waiting for the phone call from him. I'm pretty sure I know what he's going to say, and it won't be what I want to hear, but there is comfort in knowing I didn't force the issue, I didn't push, and I didn't crowd him, even though I wanted to, and even though I started to, I changed my course of action today.

No comments: