Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Going home tonight, MY home

There is our five day forecast this week. At least the temperatures are looking better than we've seen. Not so about the rest. Who would have thought that 38 would feel like a regular heat wave?

I went home at lunch, and we have electricity and water, so after work, I will pick up the kids, and we will all go home tonight, eat dinner in our house, sleep in our own beds. Oh don't get me wrong, I love my family, I love my mother, and I was so grateful she had heat and spare beds, and provided for us last night. But truthfully, there is nothing better than sleeping in my own home, under my own roof, in my own bed, knowing my babies sleep close by in their own beds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy. It's going to get above freezing again. I'm breaking out the skirts. Oh wait I didn't put them up.